The selections are in, and you won’t want to miss the Fall 2019 Dream Homes! These are the homes that are ready to WOW you. The ones you’re pinning on Pinterest and ogling over in magazines. And they’re the perfect place to grab inspiration for your home. This year, there are five new homes and four remodeled homes hand-selected as Dream Homes. Plus, each time you visit a Dream Home, your $5 admission supports the BATC-Housing First Minnesota Foundation’s work as it builds and renovates transitional housing facilities for Minnesota’s homeless, veterans, and others in need.
Parade of Homes Dream Homes
Thursdays-Sundays | 12-6 p.m. | September 7-29
Builder: Zawadski Homes, Inc.
Parade Home #10
9621 Whistling Valley Road Lake Elmo, MN
$1,969,500 | 5 Bedrooms | 5 Bathrooms | 7,500 Square Feet
- The moment you step into this 7,500-square-foot home, you will be drawn into the spacious great room with 10-foot ceilings and an inviting fireplace.
- A wall of windows and glass doors grab your attention and lead you to a breathtaking outdoor space with scenic views from both the terrace and the screened porch.
- The gourmet kitchen features a Caesarstone-wrapped island, undermount sink, built-in seating area, and viewing windows to the indoor basketball court below.
- Just off of the rear entry, you’ll discover lockers that provide plenty of storage space, a dedicated dog kennel area, a conveniently located bathroom, and a butler’s pantry.
- Exceptional home automation keeps the homeowners connected no matter where they are in the world, while innovative design hides the technology in plain sight to eliminate clutter.
- Ketra Lighting throughout the home is controlled with Lutron Palladiom glass keypads and sets just the right tone for any occasion with three layers of lighting in every space: general, task, and accent.
- A two-story wall of windows floods the open stairwell with natural light.
- Head up to the second level where you’ll find three bedrooms, three bathrooms, a bonus room, and a gorgeous master suite with a freestanding bathtub and spacious walk-in closets.
- A state-of-the-art Rayva theater room downstairs creates an unmatched home cinema experience.
- The lower level provides unlimited entertainment with a basketball court, exercise room, and a bar area that is the perfect place to host friends and family.
Builder: Custom One Homes
Parade Home #66
5115 Woodlane Alcove Woodbury, MN
$2,400,000 | 5 Bedrooms | 6 Bathrooms | 8,050 Square Feet
- Nestled on a beautiful 2.5-acre lot, this Woodbury home blends modern and rustic seamlessly and soaks in the stunning views of the neighboring bluff and wooded ravine.
- Black and white create bold contrast throughout the home, while geometric shapes are juxtaposed with natural elements for a contemporary spin.
- A suspended staircase with an art display makes a dramatic statement.
- Four ﬁreplaces grace this abode, including a wood-burning ﬁreplace in the cozy hearth room which ﬂows to a relaxing deck.
- Woodsy elements connect the home, from the birch wall covering in the mudroom to the Shou Sugi Ban wood gallery wall to the weathered antique wood beams in the great room.
- The master retreat includes a ﬁreplace, beverage area, and balcony overlooking a refreshing pool, plus the design continues to tie in the nature motif with vine-imprinted wall tile and whitewashed wood beams.
- The lower level is packed with fun, including a wet bar, golf simulator, toy room, exercise area, and oversized athletic court to accommodate pickleball!
Builder: Distinctive Design Build, LLC
Parade Home #154
14950 Pixie Point Circle SE Prior Lake, MN
$2,200,000 | 5 Bedrooms | 6 Bathrooms | 5,480 Square Feet
- Stepping inside this modern farmhouse, your eyes are drawn to the ﬂoor-to-ceiling Marvin Integrity windows that ﬁll the back of the home and frame the spectacular views of Prior Lake.
- Look up to see 10-foot coffered ceilings and dazzling light ﬁxtures that will leave you in awe.
- Shiplap-lovers will be enamored by the enameled shiplap in the dining room and the stained shiplap in the stairway and entry.
- A gourmet kitchen boasts Thermador commercial-grade appliances and a butler’s pantry for extra prep space when entertaining.
- Quality craftsmanship shines in this dream home with an 11-foot-wide stairwell, custom
- 8-inch newel posts with matching cabinet corner posts, and knotty alder doors.
- A relaxing rooftop deck situated over the four-season porch is accessible from both the master bedroom and loft.
- The master suite is a private sanctuary with its own incredible lake view, a barrel-vaulted ceiling, a gorgeous freestanding tub, and even more shiplap to carry the farmhouse style throughout.
- Friends and family alike will enjoy the entertainment space and wet bar on the lower level.
- No lake home is complete without a boathouse—this one even has its own rooftop deck to soak in the beautiful views.
MODERN FRENCH MASTERPIECE
Builder: Stackhouse Construction, LLC
Parade Home #181
5120 Kelsey Terrace Edina, MN
$2,919,000 | 6 Bedrooms | 7 Bathrooms | 6,700 Square Feet
- A stone courtyard and outdoor ﬁre pit greet you as you approach the French doors of this modern masterpiece.
- Traditional touches of curved rafter tails and crown molding blend seamlessly with the oversized windows showcasing the topography of this gorgeous Parkwood Knolls setting.
- The two-story great room features a beautiful 13-light ceiling constellation and ﬁreplace.
- An entertainer’s dream, this home features a built-in breakfast nook with seating for 10, an informal dining room, and island seating that creates the ideal space for large gatherings.
- The kitchen will inspire culinary delights, with a 60” dual range, a full white oak cabinet wall, separate refrigerator and freezer columns, a tall pantry, and custom glass wine enclosure.
- To further add to the convenience of this thoughtfully designed kitchen, a butler’s pantry is the perfect place for keeping messes out of sight.
- For the ultimate living ﬂexibility, this home features both a main-ﬂoor and upper-level master suite along with three guest en suites and a lower-level guest bedroom.
- A true highlight is the panoramic walkout lower level that creates a sun-drenched space to lounge.
- This basement is complete with a stunning ﬁreplace, full bar, media room, and workout space.
- Full home automation tops off this truly exceptional home that showcases luxury living at its ﬁnest!
Builder: Swanson Homes
Parade Home #232
2821 Deer Hill Road Medina, MN
5 Bedrooms | 6 Bathrooms | 9,019 Square Feet
- Designed to enjoy long southern views over scenic prairie lands, this stunning dream home showcases a distinct blend of sleek and elegant ﬁnishes.
- The homeowners’ inspiration came from the modern Mediterranean-styled homes of the west coast combined with the picturesque prairie setting of the Deer Hill Preserve community.
- The main level is designed for optimal entertaining with an open ﬂoor plan, gourmet kitchen, and screened porch.
- A family-friendly bedroom layout is found on the upper level, and a thoughtfully designed basement includes a wet bar, media area, and guest space.
- From the stunning waterfall edge of the center island in the kitchen to the intricately designed custom ceiling radius in the great room, unique details shine throughout the home.
- Sports fans will enjoy the memorabilia case, workout area, and regulation-sized half-court basketball court found on the lower level.
- Modern and future-friendly home automation was well thought out in this dream home. Powered by Google and the latest technology platforms, this easy-to-live-in smart home will always be up to date.
Remodelers Showcase Dream Homes
Three Days Only! | 12-6 p.m. | September 27-29
Remodeler: Mark D. Williams Custom Homes, Inc.
Remodelers Showcase Home #R13
45 George Street Excelsior, MN
- Step inside this dream home and your eyes are immediately drawn to the beams that adorn the 10-foot ceilings.
- The dining room and thoroughly equipped kitchen have plenty of room to entertain and are finished with exquisite details and craftsmanship.
- Just off the gourmet kitchen, you’ll discover a prep space to keep messes at bay and a home central station to stay organized.
- The mudroom is sure to keep the homeowners efficient and tidy with a drop zone, built-in bench with cubbies, and closet for all their lake gear.
- Indy, the homeowners’ dog, has his very own Dutch door off the mudroom.
- A hidden TV can be raised and lowered into a wall pocket to keep it out of sight when not in use.
- The gorgeous master suite has a sitting area and cozy fireplace that are the perfect spot to relax, along with a freestanding bathtub, double vanities, and an oversized walk-in closet.
- Two more bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a laundry room complete the upper level.
- A bonus room is filled with custom details including a built-in daybed and a hidden door in a bookcase wall.
- Don’t miss this rebuild from Mark D. Williams that brilliantly showcases lakeside living at its best!
Remodeler: Nor-Son Custom Builders
Remodelers Showcase Home #R23
6 Fletcher Place Hopkins, MN
- After a kitchen fire caused smoke damage throughout the home, the owners used this unfortunate event as an opportunity to fully update their 1942 home.
- A wall between the formal and informal dining rooms was removed to create a more open living area.
- Custom details shine in the updated dining room including enameled wainscoting and a built-in buffet with soapstone countertops.
- A state-of-the-art kitchen with painted custom cabinetry, top-of-the-line appliances, and a stained Alder island is perfect for entertaining.
- The vaulted family room was transformed with painted shiplap siding throughout the space, giving the Cape Cod-style home a light, airy appeal.
- A powder room was added near the back mudroom with slate tile for easy cleanup.
- White oak hardwood floors and trim grace the majority of the home, while luxury woven vinyl flooring completes the exercise room.
- The master suite was reconfigured by relocating the entrance to create space for a large walk-in closet and custom built-ins.
- The new layout made way for an expanded master bathroom with a large shower and vanity, as well as a new laundry room with stacked washer and dryer, custom cabinetry, and encaustic tile.
- Throughout this dream home, you’ll see a glimpse of the old, blending exceptionally with the new.
EDINA HIGHLANDS COASTAL COTTAGE
Remodeler: REFINED, LLC
5105 Mirror Lakes Drive Edina, MN
Remodelers Showcase Home #R29
- Overlooking picturesque Highlands Lake, this cottage-style home is brimming with charm and distinctive design features.
- A spacious 7,231 finished square feet, this dream home features ﬁve bedrooms and ﬁve bathrooms.
- From the detailed stonework to the copper standing-seam roof, copper gutters, banks of windows, and multiple bluestone patios, the exterior makes a bold design impression.
- The interior style has a beachy, coastal feeling with sunny natural light, trendy shiplap walls and ceilings, and wooden beams.
- Natural ﬁnishes like jute, sisal, grasscloth, rattan, and tumbled marble bring the design to life.
- To bring the outdoor feeling into the sunroom, exterior materials such as bluestone ﬂoors and whitewashed cedar shakes were used inside, and the exterior stonework was repeated on the ﬁreplace chase.
- Whether you prefer a basketball tournament in the indoor sports recreational court with full perimeter 3-point line or a soak in the hot tub overlooking the lake, this property is a host’s playground.
Remodeler: Sustainable 9 Design + Build
3808 W. 57th Street Minneapolis, MN
Remodelers Showcase Home #R37
- This stunning whole-home remodel showcases Sustainable 9’s signature “Minnesota Modern” style.
- Situated on a 0.54-acre lot with Minnehaha Creek running through the backyard, the home embraces the outdoors with two fire pits, a screened porch with an outdoor TV, three decks, and a large patio.
- The exterior showcases a contemporary metal standing-seam roof, while a wall of glass overlooks the heavily wooded lot and new swimming pool.
- A chef’s kitchen features custom walnut and matte black Crystal cabinetry throughout.
- The spacious master suite is a private retreat with a soaking tub, midcentury modern vanity, in-floor heat, and a walk-in closet.
- Technology takes center stage with the latest lighting control, state-of-the-art security and surveillance system, and whole-home audio package.
- The lower level is made for entertaining with a full kitchen, game room with pool table, and screened porch that walks out to the large pool overlooking the creek.
- This dream home is loaded with green features you’ve come to expect from the Sustainable 9, including extensive spray foam insulation, Energy Star appliances, a high-velocity heating and cooling system, all LED lights, no-VOC paint, repurposed hardwood flooring, and an electric car outlet.
- This must-see home is an oasis for the owner—who also just so happens to be the builder! Come see how this builder created the home of his dreams.