There’s no shortage of incredible residences on the Parade of Homes and Remodelers Showcase, but these seven amazing homes have been selected by our Housing First Minnesota Foundation as this spring’s Dream Homes and Remodeled Dream Homes. These four incredible new homes from Pebble Creek Custom Homes, Landmark Building Contractors, Gordon James Construction, and Swanson Homes will leave you in awe. And the final weekend of the tour you won’t want to miss the three stunning Remodeled Dream Homes from JKath Design Build + Reinvent, Sustainable 9 Design + Build, and Showcase Renovations. Plus, a $5 tax-deductible entry fee to each of these seven homes will go to the Housing First Minnesota Foundation to support their work building and renovating transitional housing facilities for Minnesota’s homeless, veterans, and others in need.
Parade of Homes Dream Homes
Thursdays-Sundays | 12-6 p.m. | March 7 – April 5, 2020
Builder: Pebble Creek Custom Homes
Parade Home #86 | 2920 Center Road SW, Prior Lake, MN
$1,499,999 | 5 Bedroom | 4.5 Bathroom | 4,904 Square Feet
- With 110 feet of lakeshore on a gradual walkout lot, the lake view provides a picturesque backdrop for this stunning Dream Home.
- The gourmet kitchen shines with Thermador appliances and a working pantry with ample prep space that would please even professional chefs.
- With custom millwork and cabinets throughout the home, it’s clear to see the great care and thoughtful planning that went into the design and layout of this home.
- The combination of stained and enameled millwork flows smoothly throughout the interior.
- Enjoy your evenings in an amazing three-season porch that is complete with Sunspace windows and a cozy fireplace that will keep you warm even on the chilliest of nights.
- A vaulted ceiling soars in the master bedroom with a 16-foot peak adorned with an alder beam and chandelier, while in the master bathroom, the large walk-in shower will serve as a relaxing oasis.
- The large picture windows allow the homeowners to take in the incredible lake views on all levels.
- A wide range of smart home technology—including Control4 automation, Sonos whole-house audio with architectural speakers, Ring surveillance, and a Paradigm home theater system—is designed to add convenience and fun to the home while still being aesthetically pleasing.
- An impressive lower level features a custom basement bar—the perfect place for the homeowners to entertain friends and family.
Builder: Landmark Building Contractors, LLC
Parade Home #151 | 319 Park Street E., Wayzata, MN
$2,250,000 | 5 Bedroom | 5 Bathroom | 5,939 Square Feet
- This stunning Dream Home is located in the heart of Wayzata and was designed for an active and sports-minded family with both open entertainment and intimate spaces.
- A gourmet kitchen, wine bar, dining room, office, and great room grace the main ﬂoor.
- Off of the garage, a tiled mudroom with bench and locker storage makes the perfect drop zone for the homeowners.
- The owner’s suite features a vaulted ceiling and a spa bath that is truly amazing with a freestanding tub, double sinks, and a custom zero-entry tile shower.
- The upper level also showcases a home office with its own balcony, a laundry/craft room, and lounge area surrounded by two additional bedrooms.
- The lower level is built for fun with a sports court, golf simulator, and an entertainment bar overlooking both.
Lake Minnetonka Tudor
Due to safety concerns, we have temporarily closed this home for touring. Please check back for availability.
Builder: Gordon James Construction, Inc.
Parade Home #152 | Old Beach Road, Minnetonka Beach, MN
$3,450,000 | 5 Bedroom | 5 Bathroom| 5,614 Square Feet
- With extraordinary craftsmanship and details, the exterior of this Dream Home greets you with custom stonework, reclaimed wood, and metal details accenting the shingled roof.
- Situated on nearly 200 feet of shoreline on Lafayette Bay of Lake Minnetonka, the home effortlessly ﬂows between indoor and outdoor spaces with a three-season porch enclosed with Phantom Screens that lead out to a refreshing pool.
- Coming in from the garage, the mudroom features shiplap built-ins and a drop-off zone
- that provides the perfect place to organize your lake gear.
- The chef’s kitchen dazzles with a custom metal hood, while the back pantry provides even more prep space with double ovens and a second sink.
- The ﬁreplace in the great room is adorned with metal accent panels and an I-beam mantle that complement the stonework beautifully.
- Grab a drink at the wet bar in the billiards room before heading out to the covered deck overlooking the lake.
- Upstairs, the master suite is a private sanctuary with custom built-ins in the bathroom, an oversized walk-in closet, and attached laundry for the utmost convenience.
- Three additional bedrooms and two bathrooms are neatly situated around a common space for the kids.
- The lower level will keep the homeowners active all year round with both an exercise room and indoor athletic court.
Modern Family Rambler
Builder: Swanson Homes
Parade Home #176 | 2910 Deerhill Road, Medina, MN
$2,000,000 | 5 Bedroom | 4 Bathroom | 5,515 Square Feet
- Panoramic westward views over Baker Park Reserve set the stage for scenic living in this modern family rambler home.
- The 12-foot ceilings in the great room paired with the open concept into the dining room and great room aid in the spacious atmosphere of this home.
- “Naptime” doors separate three generous bedrooms from the rest of the main level allowing for privacy and sound control.
- A walk-up wine bar completes the open-concept kitchen and dining area.
- Along with two bedrooms and bathrooms, the lower level is set up for entertaining with a sunken media lounge, walk-up wet bar, see-through ﬁreplace, and secret kids play area.
- The large screen porch with a ﬁ replace is the perfect spot to relax and unwind.
- An oversized four-stall garage ﬁnishes off this Dream Home.
Remodelers Showcase Dream Homes
Friday-Sunday | 12-6 p.m. | April 3-5, 2020
Remodeler: JKath Design Build + Reinvent
#R15 | 5901 Drew Avenue S., Edina, MN
- Using the existing foundation, JKath added a second story and reinvented the layout of the main floor to better serve its young family of six.
- The exterior greets you with James Hardie siding in a soft, neutral shade, black Marvin Elevate windows and doors that pop, and a custom metal roof above the front and rear porches.
- The original rear porch was rebuilt and finished with custom cedar on the interior roof and shiplap walls.
- Inside, the floor plan was reconfigured to host an open kitchen, sizeable mudroom, powder bath, living space, and three-season porch.
- Step into the kitchen and you’re greeted by quartz countertops and backsplash, along with a custom pantry designed to house small appliances with a unique bi-fold closing system.
- The custom range hood was designed to replicate the mantle detail on the custom fireplace surround in the living area.
- Gold and black fixtures all throughout put a modern spin on this farmhouse design.
- Look down and you will notice the engineered wide-plank floors with a custom white oak staircase to match the flowing and metal balusters.
- Floor-to-ceiling black paneling makes a dramatic impact in the powder bath.
- Custom cabinetry and millwork showcase the high-quality craftsmanship and detail in this Remodeled Dream Home.
Remodeler: Sustainable 9 Design + Build
#R16 | 5721 Abbott Avenue S., Edina, MN
- A minimalist aesthetic meets Scandinavian style in this Edina home designed around clean lines, natural materials, industrial finishes, and detailed craftsmanship.
- The two-story foyer welcomes you with a lofted ceiling ornamented with a contemporary chandelier.
- White oak hardwood flows underfoot in the main and upper levels, with splashes of tile in the bathrooms.
- Massive windows and patio doors flood the interior with natural light.
- The kitchen is complete with quiet-close cabinets, high-end kitchen appliances, and shiplap accents.
- Notice the custom metalwork throughout the home—from the staircase handrails to the guardrails on both the private deck and loft.
- A freestanding wood-burning stove rests atop a concrete hearth and adds a unique touch to the great room.
- The master bathroom is a calming retreat with in-floor heat, matte black fixtures, a freestanding tub, and a walk-in shower with frameless glass surround and door.
- A built-in steam sauna in the lower level is a relaxing spot to unwind.
- The lower level dons polished and heated concrete floors that balance the concrete countertops and floating shelves found throughout the home.
- With extremely tight windows and patio doors, a high-efficiency gas boiler, quality insulation, and a high-velocity HVAC system, this solar-ready home from Sustainable 9 achieves exceptional levels of energy efficiency.
Remodeler: Showcase Renovations, Inc.
#R25 | 1445 Fairlawn Way, Golden Valley, MN
- Approaching this Dream Home your eyes are drawn to the striking entry with crisp lines, dramatic overhangs, storefront glazing, and a pop of cherry red at the front door.
- The new design accentuates and enhances the modern split-level characteristics of the home, while the interior opens up to create a mixture of open and private spaces.
- As you enter the home you are surrounded by exquisite Douglas fir-wrapped walls and ceiling, punctuated with a hidden entry closet and playful box cutouts on the stairway wall for the homeowners to display photos and favorite artifacts.
- Walking toward the back, experience the transformed open floor plan with large windows providing an abundance of natural light.
- A dark and stuffy space was transformed into a family room that breathes with a raised ceiling and fresh finishes.
- The kitchen, with its well-appointed food prep area and maximized storage space, features a soothing color palette and a clean, crisp design.
- The cozy library boasts a steel fireplace face and surround, floating steel shelving, and a window seat with additional storage.
- Tired bathrooms were refreshed with sleek floating cabinetry, modern finishes, and direct set triple-pane glass to provide natural daylight while maintaining privacy.
- Off of the back of the home, an updated deck features clear cedar decking, a galvanized metal rail system with stainless steel cables, permeable paving for water management, and plenty of space for entertaining.
- Special attention was paid to reducing the energy impact of this home—the mechanical systems were updated, closed-cell insulation was added to the attic space and throughout the house, and a solar array now graces the roof.