BATC-Housing First Minnesota is an Association organized and incorporated under the laws of the State of Minnesota as a corporation not for profit. Its purpose is to cooperate with all branches of the building industry and to strive for excellence, value and efficiency in housing construction and development in the metropolitan area. To that end, BATC-Housing First Minnesota has established certain objectives:
- To cooperate with all branches of the building industry including manufacturers, dealers and financial institutions within the jurisdiction of this Association, for the purpose of mutual advantage and for the benefit of the industry as a whole.
- To promulgate and enforce a Code of Ethics to maintain high professional standards and sound business practices among its members.
- To secure cooperative action in advancing the common purposes of its members; uniformity and equity in business usages and laws; and proper consideration of opinion upon questions affecting the building industry.
- To operate without profit, pledging that no part of the income of this Association shall inure to the benefit of any individual or of any individual member.
In order to carry out these objectives, BATC-Housing First Minnesota requires its members to agree to observe and be bound by the following code of ethics:
- MEMBERS shall constantly seek to provide better value, so that an even greater share of our people may enjoy the benefits of home ownership.
- MEMBERS shall strive to develop the efficiency of the building industry to the end that labor may receive its just and proper reward.
- MEMBERS shall at all times contribute their knowledge in building to the best interest of those they serve.
- MEMBERS shall not knowingly enter into any contract, the terms of which are designed to imperil the rights of the supplier of labor or materials to receive a fair return for services or goods furnished.
- MEMBERS shall not obtain any business by means of fraudulent statements or by the use of implications unwarranted by fact or reasonable probability.
- MEMBERS shall comply both in spirit and letter with the rules and regulations prescribed by law and government agencies for the health, safety and progress of the community.
- MEMBERS shall be alert to examine proposed or enacted state and local legislation detrimental to social, economic, and political progress.
- MEMBERS shall not perform, or cause to be performed, any act which would tend to reflect on, or bring into disrepute, any part of the building industry.
The code of ethics for members serves as a generalized set of guidelines to help carry out the objectives of the Association.